Events Related to the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation in 2017
- The American Society of Church History (ASCH) annual meeting, January 5-8, 2017 in Denver, will feature a substantial number of Reformation-related sessions, including several that will be jointly organized with or sponsored by SRR, RefoRC, CEHS (Central European History Studies), ACHA (American Catholic Historical Association), and PSG (Pietism Studies Group). The ASCH Presidential Address, which Ron Rittgers will give, will also focus on the Reformation. For more information, click here. Also, in the spring of 2017, ASCH and ACHA will have a joint meeting in Berkeley that will focus on the theme of Reform.
- The Department of Historical Sciences of the University of Chile is sponsoring a conference with the theme “500 Years of the Protestant Reformation: Trajectories and Perspectives,” to be held in Santiago, Chile, May 29-30, 2017. The deadline for paper proposals is November 30, 2016. Click here for more details.
- The SRR and the Verein für Reformationsgeschichte are co-sponsoring a Reformation Anniversary conference to be held in Nuremberg, Germany, July 19-21, 2017. The theme of the conference is "Jews, Christians, and Muslims in the Reformation Era" and will feature plenary speakers and small papers. The conference description is here.
- The SRR will also be co-sponsoring the 2017 Calvin Studies Society Conference, to be held at Baylor University, March 16-18, 2017. The theme will be "John Calvin and the Early Reformation."
- The Centre for Reformation and Renaissance Studies at Victoria College--University of Toronto will be hosting an interdisciplinary conference with the theme, "Global R eformations: Transforming Early Modern Religions, Societies, & Cultures," 27-30 September 2017. For the CFP and more information, click here and here for more information.
- The 2017 SCSC will be held in Milwaukee, October 26-29, 2017.
- For a list of other events commemorating the anniversary of the Reformation, see this list published at Refo500.